Oriyas in Mumbai

The Oriyas worldwide. Let's share our experiences, lifestyle, problems, losses and gains and the missing factor.
spandanmishra
Little Oriya
Little Oriya
Posts: 1
Joined: Oct 24th, '10, 21:21

Re: Oriyas in Mumbai

Post by spandanmishra »

Hello and Namskar to all my Odia friends in Mumbai :)

I am Spandan Mishra staying at Andheri(E) and working as a Management Executive in Bio-Pharma company.
I am very happy to be part of this forum.
Its like we are in a home, away from our respective homes

Re: Oriyas in Mumbai

Sponsor

Sponsor
 

sunisujata0609
Little Oriya
Little Oriya
Posts: 2
Joined: Oct 22nd, '10, 22:49

Re: Oriyas in Mumbai

Post by sunisujata0609 »

Dear All,

Today I came to know about the site Orissaforum while surfing net and very much glad to convey few words. Nice to know about such a big Oriya Population in Mumbai.. :)
Few words about me, I am Sujata basically from Jeypore (Koraput), me quite new to Mumbai working in a S/W company.
Sujata Panda

Lissa
Toddler
Toddler
Posts: 12
Joined: Oct 3rd, '10, 15:44

Re: Oriyas in Mumbai

Post by Lissa »

i know that the oriyas in mumbai celebrate the oriya festivals like dushehra,rath yatra etc in grupes.how they celibrate the typical oriya functions (like prathamastami,badaosha,kartik purnima etc.).do they feel any charm ?

sandeep350
Little Oriya
Little Oriya
Posts: 4
Joined: Dec 14th, '10, 07:24

Re: Oriyas in Mumbai

Post by sandeep350 »

Lissa wrote:i know that the oriyas in mumbai celebrate the oriya festivals like dushehra,rath yatra etc in grupes.how they celibrate the typical oriya functions (like prathamastami,badaosha,kartik purnima etc.).do they feel any charm ?

well... not exactly though. the environment (includes people, local culture.. etc) doesnt allow it. still a lot of engagement to carryout such things and associate with fellow odias out here. this's been good, if now wow; so far.

Mishra
Little Oriya
Little Oriya
Posts: 1
Joined: May 7th, '11, 00:16

Re: Oriyas in Mumbai

Post by Mishra »

Hi
My self krushna ch mishra staying koparkhairane..
wish u all best wishes to join this Group.

debasis
Little Oriya
Little Oriya
Posts: 3
Joined: Jun 19th, '11, 12:37

Re: Oriyas in Mumbai

Post by debasis »

Hi All,

My name is Debasis Das nick name Lucky from Bhubaneswar and i stay with my family at Sanpada Navi Mumbai

debasis
Little Oriya
Little Oriya
Posts: 3
Joined: Jun 19th, '11, 12:37

Re: Oriyas in Mumbai

Post by debasis »

hi all,

pl. visit www.odiyasangathan.co.cc

jitu
Little Oriya
Little Oriya
Posts: 1
Joined: Jul 5th, '11, 16:40

Re: Oriyas in Mumbai

Post by jitu »

Hi, I am jitendra Prasad Nahak, staying at vikhroli, east. U can contact me on 8898447275 or mail me at prasadjitu.prasad@gmail.com.

pinu
Kiddie
Kiddie
Posts: 49
Joined: Dec 25th, '10, 22:42

Re: Oriyas in Mumbai

Post by pinu »

Hi,
I am Pinu.I am requesting to our Oriya brothers & sisters in Munbai to write how they observe this rath yatra there.
If somebody can send some photos of this year rathayatra in MUMBAI, IT will be better.
awaiting ***

surrya108
Little Oriya
Little Oriya
Posts: 5
Joined: Jul 9th, '11, 10:49

Re: Oriyas in Mumbai

Post by surrya108 »

hi to all,

this is suresh from Asalfa, near sakinaka

surrya108
Little Oriya
Little Oriya
Posts: 5
Joined: Jul 9th, '11, 10:49

Re: Chetana and Sankar at Vikhroli.

Post by surrya108 »

chetana wrote:We are based at Vikhroli, Mumbai.
hi chetana, what are you doing?

surrya108
Little Oriya
Little Oriya
Posts: 5
Joined: Jul 9th, '11, 10:49

Re: Oriyas in Mumbai

Post by surrya108 »

sunisujata0609 wrote:Dear All,

Today I came to know about the site Orissaforum while surfing net and very much glad to convey few words. Nice to know about such a big Oriya Population in Mumbai.. :)
Few words about me, I am Sujata basically from Jeypore (Koraput), me quite new to Mumbai working in a S/W company.
Hi sujata,
welcome to mumbai. it really feels we are in our land when you know that so many oriyas living here.

surrya108
Little Oriya
Little Oriya
Posts: 5
Joined: Jul 9th, '11, 10:49

Re: Oriyas in Mumbai

Post by surrya108 »

debasis wrote:hi all,

pl. visit www.odiyasangathan.co.cc
dear,
this is really nice to see that you people are doing good. all my prayers and wishes with you people

surrya108
Little Oriya
Little Oriya
Posts: 5
Joined: Jul 9th, '11, 10:49

Re: Oriyas in Mumbai

Post by surrya108 »

spandanmishra wrote:Hello and Namskar to all my Odia friends in Mumbai :)

I am Spandan Mishra staying at Andheri(E) and working as a Management Executive in Bio-Pharma company.
I am very happy to be part of this forum.
Its like we are in a home, away from our respective homes
yah its like home coming.........

debasis
Little Oriya
Little Oriya
Posts: 3
Joined: Jun 19th, '11, 12:37

Re: Oriyas in Mumbai

Post by debasis »

Hi
I am Debasis staying in Navi Mumbai, Sanpada

Post Reply