Rasagolla Origin

Submit recipe ideas. Traditional Odia food and drinks as well as others.

akpani
Little Oriya
Little Oriya

Rasagolla Origin

Post by akpani »

Dear Friends
This is regarding the origin of the famous sweet Rasagolla. Actually all of you will be glad to know that this traditional sweet is originally from Orissa (You can search the history on google). However almost everybody in India (other than the odias perhaps) recognises it as a bengali sweet dish. So it really hurts when you develop something and somebody else takes the credit for it. So I urge all my odia brothers to spread as much as possible the awareness and facts about rasagolla. To convince them you can direct them to genuine websites (e.g wikipedia, britannica, answers.com etc)

Rasagolla Origin

Sponsor

Sponsor

chandrakant
Kiddie
Kiddie

Re: Rasagolla Origin

Post by chandrakant »

Hello everybody,
I'm glad to know that the sweet RASAGOLLA has the origin in our ODISHA.It is our traditional sweet.
These are the TV programmes(film & serials),which mostly has advertised this as a bengali sweet.We the Odiyas are so jentle & so simple, that other takes credit for our own developed things and we cann'tcomplain for this. :?:

sportsvillage
Little Oriya
Little Oriya

Post by sportsvillage »

hi akpani!
very good information and glad to know that rossgulla is originally
orissa's sweets.Yes till day i also knew that it is from Bengal.Actually
rossgulla is my favorite sweet ever and i also tell my friends this one
sweet is from orrissa.
regards
http://www.3clotussportsvillagenoida.com/

akpani
Little Oriya
Little Oriya

Post by akpani »

Thank you for your response. I want more and more odias to know the proud facts about odisha and most importantly to make non odias aware of that. Else many of our origins and innovations will be stolen by others

m_subrat
Kiddie
Kiddie

Post by m_subrat »

Mr. A K Pani wrote "many of our origins and innovations will be stolen by others"
What can we do to prevent this ?

behera
Little Oriya
Little Oriya

Post by behera »

As simple the neighbour state has the similar pronuncacen of language and they have similar eating habit,so they have started calling a traditional oriya sweet as their state sweet and given a name to it.