How to prepare a recipe , Sagu Khechudi properly?

Submit recipe ideas. Traditional Odia food and drinks as well as others.

mrs. sunanda
Little Oriya
Little Oriya

Post by mrs. sunanda »

Hi to all,
I want to prepare a recipe named Sagu Khechudi. I 've tried to make it twice but couldn't prepare it properly. Can anybody help me to prepare it properly?

Sponsor

Sponsor

Annapurna
Little Oriya
Little Oriya

Re: How to prepare a recipe , Sagu Khechudi properly?

Post by Annapurna »

Hi! Sagu Khechudi is really a very delicious food of Maharashtra. I used to hate sagu by its appearance.But when I came to Pune, accidentally I tasted Sagu khechidi. To my surprise it was so tasty that I had never thought of. So why to wait below is the recipe of Sagu khechidi for 1 person.
Ingredients
1. Sagu
2. Groundnut powder
3. Jeera
4. boiled Potato (1- medium size).
5. Ghee.
6. Coriander leaves (finely chopped)
7. turmeric powder
8. Chilly powder
9. Green chilly.
Take a handful of sagu dana and wash it properly. Soak it over night. In the morning drain out excess water and leave it to dry for another 1-hr. in a strainer. Now on a frying pan/kadahai take 2 tbs of ghee and warm it. Add jeera to it for seasoning.Then add finely chopped green chilly to it. Add boiled potato sliced in cube shape to the seasoned ghee and roast it. Add salt , chilly powder (as per requirement). turmeric powder. Then toss a little. Now add 4-5 tbs of roasted groundnut powder and mix them properly. Now its the time for for the main ingredient i.e sagu to be mixed with roasted mixture. Mix all the ingredient properly to have uniform mixture. Keep the flame low so that sagu should not get stick to the pan. Now cover the pan with a lid to get the khechudi cooked properly for 1-2 mins . Now serve the hot kechudi on a plate and garnish with coriander leaves.

odishasareestore
Seeker
Seeker

Re: How to prepare a recipe , Sagu Khechudi properly?

Post by odishasareestore »

Nice recepie